View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
GwenMarie30

Oh Susan. Im so sorry. I can hear the fustration in your post and I want you to know that if parents cant tell you thank you for your efforts, I will. Thank you for everything you do to help those kids. it seems they need more love than ever now. From all your past post, you have lots of that. Just hold on and things will come into place. You have to keep faith.

As far as the promises from the parents, there will not be any truth to their words until they get the program of recovery. Two weeks isnt enough time to have all your ducks in a row to take those kids from you. Im thankful they are in recovery but they need to make more efforts if they want any kind of visitation of those kids. A $100? What a joke. That doesnt begin to cover the expenses of raising a child much less two. Three phone calls? That is cruel. Im sorry. Im ranting now. I just hate it when kids suffer. Not only do the kids suffer but your own family suffers as well. I would definitly get down to the family services office in person and tell them to do something NOW! Tell them you want numbers or paper work to start the ball rolling to get the help you need now. The office is probably swamped and are trying to help the demanding cases now but it sounds as if your case needs some major help now too.

As far as your kids go, maybe they are having a hard time adjusting to the addition of your sisters kids? Is there anyone you can take the other children for just a little time for yourselves maybe for a few hours? I hope you can find some solutions and soon.

Your a good person for taking those kids in Susan. Maybe this is just part of your HP plan for you? Have you considered talking to Family Services of paying you for Foster Caring for your nephews? Its another option. I know here they have those types of programs. It will help with the money part and hopefully reduce the stress some on you. PM me if you want any time Susan. I will brain storm to help if I can.