View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  
teke
grateful rca

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
Thanks teke, Yesterday my abf told me that I have no idea how he prays to god not to use and that he doesnt want to touch the stuff but that once it gets in his head he cant help not using. You know I believe him but I also believe that he hasnt suffered enough to stop using.

jewelz, it got so bad for me at one time, for awhile i would literally cry out, screaming and hollering like i thought that would help god to hear me, crying out god when can i stop. i believe that addicts don't want to do the things they do, its like something abnormal takes over the body. this mind thinks one thing and the body does something else.

you're right cinder, as soon as that thought comes to mind to use drugs, i had to imediately change the thought somehow. i mean i had to pray, bite my tongue, almost handcuff myself to something, anything i could possibly do to stop that voice or that urge to GO. it take a lot of prayer and determination. it gets so hard to fight that unless a power from above intervene, then its like you can not have to power to resist. so when they say they are not gonna use anymore, i think they really mean it when they say it, only when the urge hits, they just don't have the power to resist.