Thread: Realization...
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 12:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kimm992

Realization...

I'm not sure if anyone saw that Dr. Phil episode where he had the "addict parents".....but I totally came to a realization after watching it. Let me explain further:

When the mother on the show kept swearing to everyone that she was totally sober and didn't do pills anymore and she kept saying she couldn't understand why her kids wouldn't believe her and have faith in her.....and then Dr. Phil brought out her luggage and she confessed that she had pills in there and that she wasn't really clean.

That is my mom EXACTLY!!! She swears to me up and down that she's totally clean and that she doesn't do pills anymore and she says she wishes I would have faith in her but I KNOW she's lying. I started to feel guilty after a while for not believing her and started thinking that maybe I wasn't giving her a chance....but after watching the show and seeing this woman saying EXACTLY the same things my mom says and her children feeling EXACTLY the same way I do and then seeing that the woman was still an addict.....

I came to the realization that my mom is a true 100% addict and that addicts lie. They will say anything they can to get you to think what they want you to think. I no longer feel guilty about not believing my mom.

Just wanted to share.