Thread: opinions please
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2007, 10:33 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Sunflower

ANN--no disrespect taken at all--we are all different-I love hearing everyones views.
I am a take action person--I didn't want to play anymore games with the A or walk away--thats just me.
Like I have said if my AS didn't become sober after all the mandated programs I fought hard for I would have put him in a state mental hospital for a year with his doctors and the judges help.
A year later he would have been sober wouldn't he have?Sometimes they have to be forsed into recovery--so their minds can see clearly what the heck they are doing.And hopefully then they will want recovery.Maybe not
all I know is everyone thinks I am wrong--but my son is sober--so I had to be right about something?
This was advise I took from my neighbor who is a HUGE AA person in this state...many families take this route whn all hope is lost---it can be done--but you have to be strong to do it. I figured in my mind it was better than jail.
Fortunately I did not have to do it...but I was ready...had all the info.
Mandated testing,medication,saved my AS,,,,,,if he is degraded by that--too bad!!! He is sober now thats all I care about.And ya know he was sooooo mad at me in the beginning--now he says I ''saved his life''