Old 05-11-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Laceyhearts
"For the moment, life is good"

Pour me, pour me, pour me another drink....

13 days sober and wondering if I am going to make it to 14? I got out of the hospital on Monday and the week has been good until last night. Yesterday I got so much done. Carpets shampooed, furniture moved and the rest of the house cleaned. Made a nice dinner and watched a bit of TV with hubby. My friend called last night and we were discussing a couple of things that were on my mind, from past experience, triggers. Well, my hubby overheard my conversation and became very pissed off, that seems to be the only emotion he has, and so the fight started. After 2 hours of arguing with him I saw that nothing was going to change so I told him to just go to bed and leave me to my thoughts. And think I did. Arguing with him is what sent me over the edge on April 27th, which ended with me taking alot of prescription medication with alcohol, hence leaving me fighting for my life.
I am DETERMINED today to not let him break me down any further. I am DETERMINED to fight the urge to drink and get through today. I want sobriety so badly. I want to feel normal. I want to feel good about myself. Today I WILL feel good about myself. I will do things that I know make me feel good. Putting on makeup, cleaning my house, playing with my dogs, taking pictures, gardening, crocheting, painting. I WILL NOT DRINK !!!!!

Laceyhearts.....