View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
windysan
Big Idiot Man Child

I didn't pick up a chip.

For 3 years I picked up a "chip" at the local AA on my anniversary. AA helped me through the early part of my recovery from dope and I thank AA for the help. I picked up my 30 day chip, my year chip, 2 year, and 3 year. I stopped going to meetings about a year ago due to me being too stupid to understand higher power stuff, the program, and whatnot. The meetings started being flooded by sleepy drug court folks needing to get papers signed. There was a lot of dope floating around the meetings when I left. As an occasional drinker I felt like picking up a chip for not doing dope for 4 years would be against the program's policy of no mood-altering substances of any kind. My anniversary came and went and I didn't feel bad not picking up a chip. Every now and then I'll be having a beer in a restaurant and I'll encounter an AA person. Kinda makes me feel weird because I know that the recovering drunks can't have a drink. They immediately eyeball the beer and I can tell they're uncomfortable. They immediately ask, "how are you doing'". I do my best to say that I'm fine...........I guess I try to look like I'm ashamed for being "out there". I don't really want to say that I'm actually fine(which I am). It is weird. There is this gal(a hot one) who saw me with a beer and said that AA is always there for me. All I could say was "thanks".....trying my best to look like an ashamed loser. Anyways, I'm happier than I've ever been in my life and I'm glad that I was able to change my behavior. That's all I reckon. Thanks for listening. Keep coming back.