View Single Post
Old 05-08-2007, 01:28 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Voided

Thank you all for your time and encouragement.

My husband went to see a psychologist last night, (one he was seeing years ago, before he and I even knew each other) and he even stopped home before and was in a very good mood. I went through the whole house, called all his doctors, and even went through his car... he doesn't have any more vicodin. He has agreed that being as he's cut down so much already, and that the majority of the physical withdrawal is over, he is going to completely stop taking the 2 pills a day this weekend. He's going to work on his recovery, and I explained to him, that I needed to figure out where my head was at also. I told him I was going to be here for him, but he needed to give me space to clear my mind and heart. You see, I have a sister who's been on methadone for 6 years as well, and she's off of it as of last month. It's been a VERY tough time for her and I've been trying to be there for her when this happened. I'm not a stranger to being lied to and stolen from you see, even my ex-best friend is a herion addict. I just never thought I'd put myself back into a situation where I was feeling unsafe at home again. My guards are back up and I'm having some serious trust issues that I need to work out. I just hope I have enough love left in my heart for my husband. Some days I feel like letting the world crumble in on me... but I got through another day. He also told me he would no longer smoke weed. I was thinking about it, and I don't think this man has been my husband for a couple years... My thoughts are everywhere right now, but it feels good to let it out. Thank you all so much. I wish you the best in your situations, I know I'm not alone.