View Single Post
Old 05-05-2007, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
crayzee

Well, he's done it

He came home drunk, after I had clearly told him that I would not live with that behavior anymore. He knew it would likely result in me and the kids leaving, and he did it anyway.
I am not surprised. No. A little sad, maybe. Mostly numb and in survival-mode. I had decided beforehand that if he came home drunk, I would call him a cab and send him to a hotel, but tonight, when faced with the situation, I froze.
I am a little disappointed in myself, but I think I did the right thing. Some instinct was telling me to lay low until he passed out, which took about 5 minutes, thankfully.
Now I am faced with the decision of whether to leave while he is asleep, wait until he wakes, and tell him Im leaving, or ask him to leave.
I don't want to leave. This is the kids home, and my home, though it hasn't felt like home in a long while. I have a prenatal appointment in two days, and my daughter has a dental appt in 4 days, and the place we would go is a couple hours away. I just don't know...I'm confused. I really don't want any ugliness, and I'm afraid no matter what I do, there will be ugliness on his part.
Could you guys please pray for me, that I make the right decisions, and stay strong for me and my children?