Thread: Anxiety Meds
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
StarGazer6
Dreamer

I agree that it's definitely a problem that so many doc's prescribe Xanex. I have friends who say they have trouble sleeping and doctors give it to them, so it's very easy to get. Whatever happened to good old-fashioned exercise??? A lot of people these days don't get enough exercise and wonder why they can't sleep at night. Also, being overstimulated by television before bedtime can make it hard to sleep too.

My AExBF was given Xanex too when he was in rehab last month (he's addicted to crack, vicodin, coke, etc...). I guess the Xanex was supposed to help him sleep since he was also recently put on Wellbutrin for depression, which I read produces a stimulant effect. I get confused about how all of these ailments are treated but I'm not a doctor, it just seems like they trade one addiction for another. I also get scared that since my ex is now taking Wellbutrin after he's back on crack that it will take longer for him to realize how bad off he is and will seek treatment even later, maybe the Wellbutrin will temporarily counteract the bad effects of the crack.