View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
LGLG07
Let Go Let God

I cannot thank everyone enough for all of your support . Each time I make a decision (and its gotten a little easier with time) I cannot help but rethink it and rethink it and rethink it so to be encouraged by you all means so much to me . I feel like we are doing the right thing but sometimes its harder than it sounds .

hope3--strong but wary at the same time .. exactly !!
Taz -- i agree with your wife , I love hearing the storys from those in recovery , it gives me great hope and a little insight to the mind of the A . I know that for all I have been through , it doesnt compare to all he has been through and will go through to stay sober . I can walk away , if he walks he will be followed by his condition . I give you all the utmost respect for all that you have been through and how far you have come . One day at a time .... sounds so cliche but so true !
Mallowcup .. thank you for your kind words . it does make me feel good to know i am doing whats best for my kids (and myself) thats what keeps me going and keeps me strong . I grew up in a family surrounded by alcoholics , father , uncles on both sides and a couple of aunts . we had several huge partys each year and by the end everyone was so drunk , my uncles would be fist fighting (they were all cops too!!)
But the words alcoholic or alcoholism were never spoken in my house ... such a sign of the times . those memorys really push me to keep my kids educated , no matter what their age