View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
dixied

I think that your emotins are porbably so raw that I'd probably take a deep breath and just focus on you and your family. There is no short supply of lawyers if and when you feel the need to move forward with seperation or divorce papers. I wouldn't do anything until my emotions settled down. I wouldn't shut any doors either way. I know that IF he is ready to seek help I'd just encourage him and tell him he has to do it for himself....no other reason. I will say this.....why would anyone try to get straight if there wasn't hope? Maybe what I would do is find a photograph of happier times and tell him it is possible to have a better life. Let him think about when times were better. But remember that you are dealing with someone who is broken mentally, physically, and spiritually. That is how my AS was and that is what I did for him. He is six months clean and has been home(from intensive rehab) with his wife and family for almost a week. If it lasts.....there are no promises but I did with what I could live with........and that was offering hope. (all of this is from my experience) I will keep you in my prayers.......hugs, dixie