Thread: Happpy Mom
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Thank you all so much! We had a wonderful evening together...filet mignon and chicken on the grill (in the secret marinade ) and salad and some sweets for a treat...She was so happy to be stuffed with home cooking. Her boyfriend got a call while they were here telling him that his production as a technician for the company he works for was 1/3 more than anyone they have ever had so he is getting a significant raise. What a lovely surprise for them to add to a joyful day. (He's an absolute sweetheart, such a kind heart...a big guy who is just an adorable teddy bear, and so REAL...I think they are perfect together, but I guess I am prejudice, lol)

I mention here and in meetings pretty often about what I consider Godincidences. I no longer believe in coincidence. Ten months ago my daughter was brought back from being transported to serve this time when a judge changed his mind and decided to stay her term pending the appeal...The police in that city told me that has never happened before. I know it was so she would be here when her sister died, just 36 hours later. She served her sentence now and ended up befriending and eventually bunking with a young woman with the same addictions as Kristen (her sister who died) and she helped her to learn about 12 steps and NA. That young woman is actively seeking a halfway house for when she is released. My daughter was supposed to serve until the beginning of June...mandatory sentencing seemed to make that a given. But somehow (and none of us asked how...believe me) she was released 31 days early...right before her birthday (Friday), her sister's birthday which will be a difficult first (she would have turned 21) and in time to get all of her college course work finished without having to take any incompletes. I know God's presence is there, always working for us if we just sit back and let him.

Hugs and prayers.