View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rob B

I just want to be better

"I want to be better" those are word that resonate within me. Today I am better, and it has very little to do with "wanting" and a lot to do with doing. Recovery takes action. The idea of drinking and following through on that insane thought is the scariest thing that will ever happen to me, and it will occur sober. If you are like me, you will not be able to remember the consequences, the nightmarish existence of alcoloholism with enough force to keep you away, you will be without defense from the 1st drink. The VERY GOOD NEWS is that there is a way out, The 12 steps of AA worked for me. I am responsible for my spiritual fitness that keeps me connected to a power greater than myself.This is what keeps me sober, I am not making any choices other than asking myself, will I live by spiritual principles or die an alcoholic death? Sobriety is amazing, the promises in the BIG Book do come true if you do the work,thoroughly and honestly. Bill Wilson once said "I hope your slip will kick you upstairs" perhaps this will be your experience. I wish you well on your journey whatever path you decide to follow.
In Spirit.Rob