View Single Post
Old 05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rella927
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Yes which I stated up top! I agree she is worried about him and mine about me 100% but I must say that I do not agree with his mother placing the reason this man is in jail 100% on me! She did this when we were together anything that went wrong in the realtionship was my fault-the reason there was a restraining order was my fault, the reason he drank was my fault!

I do not mean to over step-and trust me I know being a mother is not easy I'm sure especially to watch your child in jail or make the poor choices and have to suffer for them. I'm sure it is painful-It was painful to watch my husband die (from an explosion with his body burned over 93%) painful to watch my girlfriend when her son of 11 died from a heart attack.

The point that I'am trying to make without getting "crazie" is that I understand both mothers to a degree with the pain they feel and as I said before I accept that 100% but what I do not accept that his mother blames me and just keeps enabling him-and bailing him out. I did not put the bottle down his throat (although I would have like to JAM it real hard at times) and I have to not react to her choices for whatever reason-
All I'am saying is that I'am having a bad codie day with the choices his mom is making although I have to not react but rather accept that for her own reasons unhealthy or healthy she bailed him out. PHEW *wipes* drool

And I feel as a part of my recovery I'am doing the right thing as I was told to contact the police when he violates- CHECK
I'am suppose to take care of me and remove myself and unacceptable behavior from the realtionship
CHECK
I'am in counseling and Al-Anon-working on my changes and path to recovery
CHECK

Just having a bad day is all............