View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
frankly
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((ilona))

The sad part of all this is the terrible loss. We loose the people that we love. They change, the drugs change them into strangers. I always related what we go through to mourning a death. Except they are still alive, and we know deep down somewhere in that body, is that person, the one we miss. The one we mourn. And like anyone that we love, and even strangers, when we see them slipping away, we want to save them, but we can't, so we mourn that too. We have to come to that total realization...it's not in our control, there is nothing we can do except take care of ourselves. That's a hard pill to swallow, especially when you are mourning the loss of one of the most wonderful things in your life.

I wish it was different. I wish none of us ever had to go through it. I wish the people we love, never went through addiction. I wish the pain and agony that this causes everyone, would just go away. But it doesn't. It's out of our control what they do with their lives, that's in their HP's hands. Our lives, and the way we choose to live them, is really the only thing we can control.

My heart and prayers go out to you.
B