View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Seeking Wisdom

Like you, I feel like I am living in a rut ... it is sometimes hard to redefine our lives once our A's are no longer around to keep us focused on their insanity and their many associated problems. We now have to look to the future just focusing on US trying to live normal lives ... if we can even remember what that was like. Since my husband passed away ... life is gradually settling into a calmer, more rational yet a very different phase of life..one I still haven't figured out yet. I still have a number of significant responsibilities that keep me anchored where I am... a business, a house, teenage sons ...etc. I also miss the "good part" of my husband ... the part that would appear from time to time, the sober guy I married many years ago .... but I always passionately hated living with all the turmoil and uncertainty that alcoholism brought into our lives.

I have always found a change of scenery to be an invigorating experience. It helps to get away from all the negative memories and their triggers ... and inspires us to start dreaming about all the possibilities life still has to offer us. Getting away can also help us appreciate our old lives, homes ...etc. more when we return. If this is what you feel you want to do ... it seems like it could be a very good idea. You are being proactive in changing the course of your life which you are currently not happy with. What is the expression?... "nothing changes until someone changes".