View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 07:29 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
dobiediva

Originally Posted by mallowcup View Post
That's probably the part they "loved" about us. In their lives, we are the face of normalcy, stability and "my alcohol doesnt' show". They had us to cover it up 24/7.
Oops, when we're gone they notice that their slip is showing. They look for a replacement fast. It seems they either hook up with a bar girl and think it's some kind of destiny they met, or they tell their version of a sob story to someone just like us. They don't love, they need and call it love when they meet someone willing. This woman isn't special to him, she is just available. What hurts is to be replaced so fast.
Even though we look back at those things they said that we thought were loving, they weren't, we just needed them to be. If you think back to the things he said to you, I think you may realize now that they were pleas for you to meet his needs.
"Please don't go". "Please let me come home". "I can't make it without you".
We hear, "I love you", in those statements.
I guess as we look back we realize that what was really said was this, " I need for you to make me the center of your universe, to sweep up after me, settle for nothing, sit alone, live in poverty and bail me out, forgive the cheating, the money spending, the pee and vomit, cover for me, pick me up....please!"
When they have totally spent a person, they move on. They aren't selective.
I found this to be so sad. How many women have heard this before ME? I think I'm special every time he tries to come back, that he must really love me to be hurting so much. He wants to be sober for me! I make him want to be a better person! But then how many times has he said the same words to someone else? He moves on so quickly. He hates to be alone. I'm not SPECIAL, I'm ACCOMODATING. Sure kills my self esteem to see that he's not picky in who he chooses to replace me. ANYone who is female will do. Doesn't matter what they look like, how old they are, skinny, heavy, ugly, pretty...they're all the same to him. OUCH.