View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lillian

Pulling a "geographic" ?

hello- i have an opportunity to sublet my apartment this summer- it's possible i could leave my job for three months, and go to the east coast/stay with friends and family. i would have to find some work out there to make up the money, but i could never even think of leaving my job if someone didn't appear interested in subletting-- should i? part of me longs to leave town- my divorce will be final in a few weeks- the thought of doing the same job, which isn't what i want to do for the rest of my life, or even the rest of the year, driving the same route, living in our same house, being in all the old places we used to go together and knowing i will never be with him again, or that he's doing these things with her now-- i keep thinking a break in the pattern with give me some much needed change of scenery; give me time and space to think about what i want to do next in life-- on the other hand, i could make more of an effort to change things here -- things aren't so bad- maybe i'll get out there and be sleeping on someone's floor just as miserable and less comfortable- i have no idea what i even want anymore. i am so bad at making any kind of decision. (i also got a haircut yesterday that makes me look like complete dork...) i know AA calls moving across country a geographic, but sometimes it is nice to get away/get some distance/shake things up-- any opinions/experience with this?