View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 03:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
karrotop

we need practice,practice,practice.......

good morning all.don't beat yourself up over your recent,"slip'...we've all had many....myself included....
respect and trust of your family members will come back,as you remain sober....i quit this time and didn't tell anyone,for the same reason you didn't.....didn't want to dissappoint anyone again......when my daughter ,"discovered" there was no wine in my house last week,she was sooooooooooooo happy and proud of her mom.....THAT made it all worth it!
and,this time,i have learned that we HAVE control over taking the first sip....but,once we make that decision to drink that first glass,we are,"OUT OF CONTROL"......the disease takes over.....and that's what makes us different from our friends who might be able to have a few glasses with dinner,and that's it.
every time you quit,and then slip,you learn something new that will help you the next time....i counted 10 slips for me this past year alone.....and now i am on day #26...
so,don't give up on yourself.....keep trying until you get it right...that's what i'm trying to do......and keep coming here.....