Old 04-22-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LiLL

Hey all, I really appreciate all your replies! I guess we're all just doing what is good for us. To open or to shut our mouth, in the end, it is for us, not for others.

I agree that it's all natural for us to have emotions and have the need to let out our feelings. I do that too! There have been times that I was so angry that I woke my AH up in his sleep just to say something to humiliate him in order to make myself feel better. The problem for me was, I only felt good for a while, and then I always felt more frustrated afterwards.

I don't remember when I decided to give detachment a try. Sometimes I think I get it, sometimes I don't. Keeping my mouth shut is probably my way of "faking it till i make it", but it gets easier and easier. (When I say I try to keep my mouth shut, it's mostly to do with my urge to say something related to my AH's drinking.) Lucky enough for me, my home did become a lot more peaceful than before, because we stopped hating each other. And I don't have to say things that I'd regret afterwards.

But again, if "just say whatever you want" makes you feel best, why not. Love to hear more about your views on this.