Thread: i am bad
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
nolongerdrunk

Thanks, Woomby and Rowan. I like the idea of just showing my change through my behavior. I already said jokingly to fiance yesterday, "I'm never drinking again!" So he already knows I feel bad about last night. I think he will be supportive of me quitting. I tried to quit once already this year (after scaring him badly on NYE) and made it about 3 weeks. After that, I thought I could just drink in moderation and slowly slipped back into old habits.

I should be excited to be sober at the wedding. I will remember everything better and won't have to be scared of embarassing myself in front of all my friends and family (unlike a girl we know who threw up on her wedding dress at the reception). The bach. party will be more difficult. Perhaps we can do a spa thing. That would be good, since my maid of honor (my sister) is only 18 and wouldn't have been able to come out if we went bar-hopping; another one of my bridesmaids is pregnant; and two of them don't like to drink much at all. The only person I can see being disappointed is my friend that I was actually out with Friday night. We are kind of beer buddies. She's gone through phases of wanting to quit drinking, though, too, so she should understand.

Another upside is that it should be easier for me to lose weight for the wedding. I don't think I want to go on a hard core diet in addition to quitting drinking, but I want to eat more healthfully and exercise a lot more. I am psyched.

Something good WILL come out of this.