Thread: i am bad
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nolongerdrunk

Again, thanks for the support.

Wander - what do you teach? I teach HS English. I am going for my MA in English Lit and was going out in the college town where I'm taking classes. Now that I've got past kids that are of age, it's weird to encounter them at the bars. I am very controlled and responsible in the classroom, but alcohol completely obliterates my inhibitions. I was talking to these 2 guys like they were my friends, and although I am friendly with my students, I never cross the line at school. I think you are right, that it is unlikely that my old principal would find out. I hope he doesn't because I have so much respect for him and don't want him to think poorly of me. I've been worrying all day, and thinking the worst case scenario would be that one of the kids would mention the drinking to their parents, and if really overbearing, they might call the principal or even try to find out where I'm teaching now to get me fired. I know this is a long shot, though.

At least something good will come out of this; I will make it come. It's rather daunting to think about never drinking again (especially with my bach. party and wedding coming up this summer), but I do have very supportive friends and family, and it's time.