Thread: i am bad
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by nolongerdrunk View Post
It's finally time for the drinking to stop.

Horrible. Horrible. I feel like the worst teacher and human being in the world today
understandable...been there...but you're not. OK, I don't know you, but I'm willing to bet that you're a wonderful human being with a family who loves
you, loads of great friends, and lots of great qualities..who just happens to have a problem with alcohol. Don't do what I did for years and turn this into a catastrophe - take a deep breath, look at the problem and decide what you need to do about it.

There have been plenty of other times when I drank to excess and made a fool out of myself. I am 27 years old and have been binge drinking at least once a week since I was 20. I don't know if this makes me an alcoholic or not, but I want to stop before I have children or something really bad happens
sounds pretty similar to me...except that I didn't stop, even those the embarrasments piled up...I kept on binging until I got to the point I was drinking most nights (heck, most days too) and I'm just really trying seriously to stop now when I'm nearly 40.

I'm not trying to scare you - my case is mine and yours is yours - but most folks I talk to seem to suggest that things often get worse with time, not better.

This is a great place to hang out for advice - read around !
welcome !
D