View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
LiveLife

any ideas???

My ABF has two tribal tattoos, one each on his upper arms. He has my name and his son's name on his chest. One of the tribals has a beautiful head of a tiger in the middle of it which is symbolic for his life. Each tattoo means something very important to him.

He's struggling with recovery now and he's gone for a month to try to save his life and get clean. This is a good thing. He needed a change in scenery and complete isolation from the dope. He was doing great for almost three years .... then ran into the wrong old "friend" and decided to let the demon "H" back in the door to invade our home and steal our happiness.

Anyway ..... he's always wanted me to get a tattoo ... I don't have any.
I'm aware of the symbolism of the Phoenix, but is there anything else you can think of that would symbolize struggle and recovery? or how about the type of enduring love that walks through hell and has the strength to get to the other side?

Maybe on the one year anniversary of his sober return ...... I'll consider surprising him with a tattoo of my own. If this relapse doesn't kill one of us ..... I hope it makes us stronger.

LiveLife