Tattoos and piercings?

Old 04-20-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tattoos and piercings?

I think this has been posted before, but do you all have any tattoos or piercings? If so, what kind of tattoos do you have? No need to tell me (unless you want to) about your piercings, some of those can get personal... but I will go first:

I have two tattoos. One is on my back of the chinese symbol for happiness and one on my hip which is a daisy, my Mom's favorite flower!

I had my tongue pierced for a short period of time but I took that out, and I have my belly button pierced but no jewelry in it. I also have my ears pierced twice on one ear and three times on another.

Next week, I am getting a tattoo on my foot! : ) can't wait!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I have a small sun tattooed on my arm. Walked out of a bar in a drunken stupor 23 years ago and thought it would be fun to get one. I still like it;-)
Old 04-20-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I had my permanent eye, lip and brows tattooed on a couple years ago, and refreshed this year. I love it!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hmmm....lets see.

I've got two tats....one is a butterfly on my back and the other is japenese symbols for beautiful child.

I've had ummmm quite a few piercings. navel (no longer have), tounge(No longer have), 4 in each ear.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Lets see.........I have an anklet tattoo of a rose vine on my ankle, two small hearts on the left side of my chest (for my girls), and about a 3 1/2 inch black panther climbing up the left side of my lower leg. The only one I was drunk for was the panther. That's the only one I really regret getting because you can't really hide it.

Those tattoos on the toes or feet huuuurt! You're braver than me Tiffany!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

I have a shark on my right shoulder... rrrr...

I had my eyebrow pierced, but took it out 2 years ago. I had an industrial in my left ear, but took it out about 6 months ago. I have one hole in one ear, two in the other, and a tragus piercing in my right ear.

I'm getting a few more tattoos, hopefully. I want a Tara goddess, maybe an Om... maybe. Not quite sure. I'd like to build on my shark, maybe 1/4 sleeve it. We shall see!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

none for me, i'm a coward.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

I have a Genie bottle with purple smoke coming out of it tatoo on my lower back and a piercing in each ear.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

I nearly fainted when I go my ears pierced - any other place and I would surely die! lol

The only tatoo I've ever had is one of those "fake" ones - no guts to undergo the real thing.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Just have pierced ears ... one in each.

I've been thinking for awhile now of getting a tattoo in memory of my son, but haven't done it yet.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have three tats...barbed wire around my right ankle, black roses wrapped around a bleeding heart on my back left shoulder and a eagle flying with an American flag in the back ground on my right arm.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I have giant tattoos! I have a huge lucky cat on my thigh, a Medusa half sleeve on my left arm, an eyeball piece based on a Margaret Atwood poem on my back, a hammer and sickle on my right arm, a skull on my lower stomach, and a dragon on my right foot/ankle.

If anyone is looking for work, let me know! I know artists in almost every state! I work for a tattoo mag...it's kind of my passion.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have two earrings in each ear.

i don't have a tatoo but i would love to get a four leaf clover on my foot or on my hip. i can't decide.

i would love to have my belly buttom pierced but i tummy isn't as sexy as i'd like it to be --yet!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Oh, my left ear is pierced twice, been that way since I was 18, but at 43 I'm a weekend warrior with the earrings. It doesn't go over well at my office!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Talking

Originally Posted by Emimily View Post
I have a shark on my right shoulder... rrrr...

I had my eyebrow pierced, but took it out 2 years ago. I had an industrial in my left ear, but took it out about 6 months ago. I have one hole in one ear, two in the other, and a tragus piercing in my right ear.

I'm getting a few more tattoos, hopefully. I want a Tara goddess, maybe an Om... maybe. Not quite sure. I'd like to build on my shark, maybe 1/4 sleeve it. We shall see!

Well, since everyone here is pierced or tatooed, how about some pictures. Tasteful ones of course. Would love to see all the artwork.

I was thinking about it after my girls got their little ones on their hips. Problem is that when you're 56, the sagging has already begun and whatever I have would start looking deformed pretty quickly.

Come on, someone can start a new thread....pics of the body, or.....our skin speaks.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've been a tattoo artist/shop owner for 20 years. 45% of my body is covered. Pretty much comes with the territory.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

tropikgal, color me jealous! or just color me...
Old 04-20-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I have a tattoo of a frog on my ankle. I want to get another tattoo soon. I am thinking a fairy or something along those lines or maybe a different style frog. I have three holes in one ear and 4 in the other ear. The 4th is the one at the top of the cartilage. I also have my nose pierced. I had it done about 4 weeks ago and I just love it. Not to toot my own horn but it looks really cute. Its just a simple little stud. Hmmmm, maybe I will post a pic soon.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

ok I am 49 now when I was 16 i had 3 wholes put in each ear---and Gosh I hate to admit this--but this year I am having the chinese symbol for HOPE put on my left forearm to celebrate turning 50.in red---I am not into those multiple piercings--they have to be done tastfully--I know the younger people love them......Do you think I am too old to get one NOW????
Old 04-20-2007, 01:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I do not ahve any tattoos, twice I almost got 1, planned saved, talked to the artist. First I was 21 was getting a tribal sun around my naval then 3 weeks later found out I was pregnant.
Then 25 was getting a black panther on my hip scratching my leg with blood dripping, but had an accident and the day before my appointment found out I was pregnant again, both places have been stretched so many times Im glad I didnt.
HAd my naval pierced and repierced after each kid, dont ahve it now, no longer seems to fit "the me" Ive become