View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mjpaao

The folks here at SR

I've been reading the threads regarding other sites for families of drug abuse. I post here rarely, but read almost daily. Sometimes I need a break, and try to get on with my life on my own, try to forget all about my ah and his rapidly sinking ship. However, I always come back.
I found SR after I almost killed myself with booze trying to deal with the devastation of drug addiction.
The people here are the kindest I have ever "met.". I have gotten so much great advice from people who really seem to care. I haven't had the guts yet to file for divorce, but know now that was the best advice. Like so many before me, I thought my ah was surely different from all the others.
The reason I keep coming back is the gentle nature of this site. Surely all of us have been touched by words from Ann, Greet, Loves, Teke, Marle and all the wonderful people here. At the same time, we have each gotten a little push when we need it.
We know the reality of drug addiction. SR has a "soft" approach, which in our dark times, seems very comforting. To know there are people who are walking with us gives us strength. In a bad situation, SR quickly responds from every direction with the constant support found here.
Just want to say thanks to all of you for helping me in my journey, helping me get just a tiny bit stronger, one day at a time.