Old 04-18-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lillian

my husband gave me what he could/signed the house over to me-- this was generous- at the time he abandonned me, he was being incredibly, uncharacteristically nasty to me-it was sudden- no explanation or closure- i too would have traded in what he gave me materially in exchange for closure- but i think he couldn't give closure because he didn't know himself why he was leaving me- i think the generousity is their way of letting us know they love us/giving what closure they can. i can't look to my husband for closure on this--i have to find an explanation that fits for myself-- it's not easy. and i have only given up asking him "why" after four months-- and if he called today, i might still slip in a "why"-- and maybe two years before that if you count asking him why he left the first time. i don't think there's an answer he could give me that would make me understand. right now, he can't explain and i can't understand. i love him, but look forward to enjoying a new life where i don't feel like i'm hanging on for dear life to someone who isn't doing much to make sure i'm there with him.