Old 04-16-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
MsGolightly

Originally Posted by LGLG07 View Post
I think we are all responsible for our own happiness . I think that if we arent happy with ourselves than instead of looking deep into our souls to figure out what we dont like , we instead throw ourselves into another soul , one that we may feel is slightly below us , one that needs to be fixed or saved .

so we spend all of our time trying to fix this other person , thinking in the long run we have a right to fix a person that doesnt feel they are broken and didnt ask to be fixed and how it will make us feel so good about ourselves when we accomplish this task .

then they fight us tooth & nail and in the end maybe even reject us completely .. we are hurt all along the journey because we have failed and feel defeated and didnt even realize it wasnt just 'their' happiness we were fighting for but our self worth as well .

i think the fact that we lose ourselves in them hurts us the most and thats the pain we feel when we feel like death (been there) its not for them , its for us and we dont even know it .
gosh, that was very nicely put. i couldn't have said that any better!