Old 09-19-2003, 06:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jojo

Sasha -

I, too, am sorry that you feel that way about this site. I agree with everything said by the two people before me.

I am a relative newcomer here and came here out of desperation. I didn't know where else to turn. I was greeted immediately with kindness and alot of wisdom. True, there is alot of pain here but being able to talk about it helps to ease that pain. We all have to decide for ourselves how we want to live our lives. Those of us that are in a new relationship or one that is not totally committed need to hear the stories of others so that we can understand what this disease can do not only to the alcoholic but to those that love them. This disease just doesn't go away. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic. Practicing or in recovery. It is something that will always have to be dealt with. Listening to others can help you decide if this is a life that you want to live. It can help you stay in the relationship or leave the relationship. Only you can decide what is the right decision for you. Alot of us "newbies" use this site as a place to share our feelings and fears and receive love and support that we can find no other place.

I'm sorry that you are not finding what you are looking for here. They aren't all horror stories, thank God but there is alot of reality here. You can find friends here to help you through the tough times and I guess that is what I am looking for. I will have to find the answers to my situation on my own.

Please keep coming back and give it another shot.

Jo

PS: Where else can you receive a dozen birthday messages from people you have "known" only a few days? This is the place!!!