Thread: Oh boy
View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
frankfuter

Red face Oh boy

Well here goes nuthin.
I am on day number 3 of sobriety. My drug of choice, burboun, to get me started anyway and then anything that filled that general theme after that. After attempting to quit by myself more times than I can remember and denial of any problem before that, it has come time to put my best foot forward. This forum is amazing, and in the 3 days I have been coming here I have gone from hopeless to hopeful and almost even confident that I can do this. I have always said I can do it on my own and over time it has become quite obvious that I can not. After this last fight with my wife I was told I needed to get help or get out so I have chosen to take the step after admission, I sought professional help. My wife doesn't understand what's going on and has in the past lead to ridicule which in turn has lead to . . . . you guessed it. It can't anymore, I used to have a life, I used to be physically active, I used to have friends and I still have 2 beautiful daughters that deserve a father, not a drunk.
I go in for my chemical dependancy eval this week and had I not found all of you I am not sure how my mental state would be.
Thank you all in advance for your support and understanding.