View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
faithhopelovejr

You people are WONDERFUL! I have dished out advice from my own experiences with AH. I hope that I am as helpful and inspiring as you people have been to me!

Update: I was having a teenager crisis with my 13 year old daughter. She's a good girl, but I just need to make sure she stays that way. So I suspected that AH's daughter (my stepdaughter) would be able to answer a question I had about the crisis, and I also wondered if the reason my AH called a few weeks ago and used the excuse that he "missed my daughter" was because he was aware of this situation too, and was concerned (in his own way). So when I called him last night to inquire about his knowledge, he said he had none, but that he was concerned about the situation. He asked me to please call him back and update him. I didn't call him back...he called me. As he was dishing out the concern, blah blah blah, and how if I wanted him to, he would come get her and talk to her, etc., I HEARD SOMEONE COUGH IN THE BACKGROUND. I asked who was there? He said we're talking about your daughter right now. That put me over the edge. That sorry SOB was sitting there carrying on a conversation with me about my daughter while some skank was sitting in the background taking it all in. Well from a female's standpoint, I think she coughed on purpose. I told him that he was very insulting to me and that I have been dealing with his crap SOBER, while he kicks up his heels and goes on. I said you have no business telling me you are concerned about my daughter when you showed no concern with disappointing her with your choice to continue popping pills and then leaving. I said what makes you think she will "open up to you?" And then the parting comment that I think I've said in a million languages...You seem to think we can be casual friends. No, we cannot. You promised to love me forever and take care of me. You broke that promise. It's either all or nothing with us. That means choose pills, or choose me. He of course got on the defensive and started quacking. I finally just hung up. I know that probably gave him and the enabler (skank in the background) something to talk about. It nausiates me because I know how convincing he can be to the unknowing. Well I guess I may be rambling, but I actually feel ok. Still very irritated, but my heart is a little better.
I hope everyone has a lovely Saturday night!