View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

(((Hope)))

That sort of rage is not uncommon in the chaos of addiction. I remember some of the horror of growing up around that all the time... and I took some of it with me into my own marriage and family.

And the targets, sadly, ARE those who are less strong, over whom we have power and control.

If he is sober and willing, there are anger management programs that can help. My husband attended a group therapy program for three years. It made an incredible difference in him.

But he didn't go until he lost us first. We were divorced and he was alone with himself and his anger before he realized how much of it belonged to HIM and was willing to take action on making changes.

I share that with you because sometimes, people can change. If they are motivated and willing.

My prayers that your grandson can become both motivated and willing to make those sorts of changes.

In the meantime, I pray that your daughter can keep herself safe and set some strong boundaries herself... perhaps only meeting him in public might be a good one for her.

(((Hope)))