he attact my daughter

Old 04-11-2007, 06:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry he attact my daughter

i will not forgive him.my sober,non addict 20yr old grandson called his mom last nite at 11:00 & told her that her brother(my a.s.j.) just came in(he was staying with him & his father) drunk. a.s.proceeded to say terrible things to my grandson. my daughter went over there & a.s. had left.she saw him hich hiking & stopped to pick him up,thinking she could calm him down.he jumped in the car with her & started hitting on her.she has a bald spot in her head & bruises on her face this morning. he snatched the keys out of the car,she got the spare & went back to her exhusbands. she called this morning to tell me all of this & 20 minutes later she called back to tell me he had brought her the keys.he said he was sorry,but she was in the wrong too.(how??)my grandson had his clothers packed & on the porch waiting on him. this is his only sister,(non addict)the one who always has been there for him.uh oh..he just called me to ask if i was going to little j's court today. i told him no,i was not in any shape to go. i also told him he had crossed the line this time.he said have i? i hung up. now i am going back to bed. my blood pressure it way up again.i will not be taking any more calls from him..he has called several times since.please say more prayers for my a.s. & my family.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Prayers and support for you.
Sounds like you are taking care of you.

One day at a time.

(((Hope213))))
Old 04-11-2007, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Hope)))

That sort of rage is not uncommon in the chaos of addiction. I remember some of the horror of growing up around that all the time... and I took some of it with me into my own marriage and family.

And the targets, sadly, ARE those who are less strong, over whom we have power and control.

If he is sober and willing, there are anger management programs that can help. My husband attended a group therapy program for three years. It made an incredible difference in him.

But he didn't go until he lost us first. We were divorced and he was alone with himself and his anger before he realized how much of it belonged to HIM and was willing to take action on making changes.

I share that with you because sometimes, people can change. If they are motivated and willing.

My prayers that your grandson can become both motivated and willing to make those sorts of changes.

In the meantime, I pray that your daughter can keep herself safe and set some strong boundaries herself... perhaps only meeting him in public might be a good one for her.

(((Hope)))
Old 04-11-2007, 06:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm so sorry that happened and i will continue to pray for all of you, with a special prayer for you as. i pray that he finds his way soon. i agree with you, how was your daughter, deserving to be hit on. i'll say a special prayer for her too. i hate addiction. glad you were able to get so rest though, i know that it has to be hard on you.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm sorry ((((((((Hope)))))))))))))
Get some rest, OK?
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 04-11-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers to you and your family. blessings, k
Old 04-11-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

im sorry... i hope that he realizes what abig misake he made.. ill be praying for u...
Old 04-11-2007, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Aww, Hope, it just keeps going, yes? BigSis is right, rage is part of what addiction can do to a person and it's very important that your daughter keeps herself safe. You too, Hope, you never know when they will snap. I'm glad you are staying out of that mess.

Prayers for all of them and special prayers that little J has a judge today that will steer him on a better course.

Hugs
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

((((Hope))))
My thoughts and prayers are with you today.
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
cmc

(((((Hope)))))
Please take care of yourself.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
hugs,
cmc
Old 04-11-2007, 08:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers For You
Old 04-11-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Awww Hope I'm sorry. I do know that rage your talking about, I saw it in the roommate (best friend) that I kicked out. I'm so sorry your daughter had to go through this. I hope she takes care of herself from now on. No contact is what I had to do. It's hard and they don't like it at all, but once they get like that...... Boundaries.....
Take care of yourself today...
((((((....)))))
Old 04-11-2007, 09:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers for you and your family.
((((HOPE))))
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Hope)))))))

Sending heartfelt prayers to you, and your family today.

Addiction affects everyone. Some, much worse than others.
It sounds as if your daughter suffered the brunt this time.
I pray for her healing in body and mind.
Detach and set strong boundries.
Maybe if others in the family stick together and ostracize him, he may
get the picture that as long as he is active, this is what happens.
Sending prayers for his rock bottom.

Take care of youself, Hope.
With love,
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((((((Hope))))))))))))). Im sorry for your problems. I will say a prayer for you and yours today. Please just try to get some rest.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

thank you all for the prayers & the hugs. my family really needs them.i can remember we all were so very close.my kids were everywhere together.why does alcohol & drugs have to change people to the point you do not know who they are.it is sad & i am sad.my daughter went home after she got the keys back & took a shower &went to work.she will work another job tonite for a few hrs. she called at break & told me she was telling everybody she got car jacked to explain the bruises on her face & neck. she has always made me so proud of her. she took care of j. ( she is 8 yrs older )when i was out chasing his alcoholic father. i wish i could go back & change some of my choices in my life. i just pray about it.i say the serinity prayer so many times a day. i just pray alot...
Old 04-11-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

We're all praying with you, Hope. Please take extra good care of yourself right now, you have been through so much.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((( hope)))

Please be extra sweet to yourself right now because YOU matter.... and there isn't anything you can say or do that will send him to his bottom or to recovery any quicker. If there was, there would be a pst saying "HEY everybody I found the thing that works !!"

HUGS

Cat
Old 04-11-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

hope,

i'll pray right there with you - we can't change the past and the future is sooo far away - today - today i'm hoping and praying for you and your family - addiction just plain sucks...

love,
s
Old 04-11-2007, 08:19 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope, I'm thinking of you and praying for you and your family. I'm so sorry that you and your daughter and grandson had to experience this. Hugs and prayers