View Single Post
Old 04-10-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
justcrash

Originally Posted by LGLG07 View Post
just the contrary jc , ive thought about you alot since yesterday and im hoping that you are feeling some relief reading all the wonderful posts on your thread , theres help all over this website , it really is amazing and im so happy that you are here .

i think you need to detach yourself from your mom , even the good side of her , accept that she will not ever be the mom you want/need her to be and allow her to be herself . work on you and learning more about yourself and how much you have to offer , all the positive stuff instead of the negative. too much emphasis is put on her and what she did/does , you cant change her or make her be a way she isnt . she nds medical help and isnt getting it , doesnt even think anything is wrong . nothing you say or do is going to make her see it differently so dont even waste your time .

i hope you stick around

Basically what I do now is, when she has a big enough episode, I simlly, like a surgeon, cut her out of my life until she calls and apologizes. Somes times its months, its went as long as two years.

The hard part is I know one of these times she WILL die and I will have to live with that guilt too.

Its funny... when I was a little boy I would sit on my dads lap and pull his chest hairs. My mom told me not to do that, it causes cancer. (just crap you tell kids, I guess) He died from cancer. My mom remembered to mention that to me.