Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
answers

new enaglandgirl that is exactly how i felt about my on again off again AB.. i thought that i was the only one in this world that could help and that would be willing to help him as he lives here with me oohh well i should say he use to as of last week after another binge drinking episode and $700 later..... and his family are all alcoholics and i use to think well maybe thats why he does what he does as he has lived with it and its somewhat "normal" for him but no matter what the living surroundings at the end of the day he has a choice whether to drink or not to drink he knows the consequences of his drinking that he will no longer be able to live with me and his children....and still he chooses to drink and then thinks that he can come back here after hes had a good time and has no where to go supposedly but you see when hes drinking he has plenty of places to go.........and no money left and i must say i use to let him do this up until last weekend when he done it for the last time i now refuse to let him back into the house i now choose not to listen to the blame and the lies and all the rest of it that comes with someone that doesn't believe he has a drinking problem and i have now realized even more so now that i sit here ands read these posts that A are all the same they all sing the same tune.... and blame everyone else for their own problems....i now have to realize that i CANNOT change him and that i CANNOT help him no matter how desperate he ,may appear if he wanted the help you would get the help instead of looking for money to go and have another drink.....i CANNOT do this with him anymore................i will now CHOOSE not to.... i do hope that what i have said will help you in some way...and the whole ...for me i cant break off all contact with him as we have 2 children together and he should be able to see them but from now on i will be meeting him in a neutral place and letting him spend time with the children and not use them to get to me... as he tried to do yesterday..........i have broken myself off financially, emotionally.....as much as i can...but so the struggle continues.........i do hope my post ,makes sense to you and helps you in any way that it can........good luck and do what is right for you not him.............