View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

what I am realizing is that even tho I have never been addicted and even tho I tried to give an addict a chance (I did not know he was an addict.. just thought he was having a tough time in life).

Even tho I have worked very hard to be where I am today. Even tho some of that was absolutely beautiful chance..

I could easily lose it all.. as easily as an addict loses it all to addiction.. as easily as my XABF threw all that I offered away (and now is drifting towards dire straits).. as easily as anyone I could lose it all to things beyond my control.

I am so very very grateful for what I have. I am so very grateful for every opportunity I have been given. I am so very grateful for every opportunity I have earned. I am so very very grateful and I am so completely grateful today and tonight in the most humble way.

I am no better than any other person I share this earth with and I thank God for my very breath.
Oh God.. Please please never let me forget, with humility, how very grateful I am and so very very lucky.

Thank you God and all of you here at SR for all you have shared and shown me. Thank you God for the seemingly simple thing that happened to bring me to this point of very real understanding of how fragile my circumstance is and to being grateful for it.

This is my prayer.