View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trying_in_Texas

Wonderful new man!

Hi all...

Well, hope you all had a wonderul weekend.

I got the best birthday present ever - a great conversation with a new, wonderful man!

I went out on a kind of "blind date" with him last weekend... anyway, played phone tag with him for awhile, and tonight - we finally spoke. He called, left message, I called back... planned on talking for a few minutes and (hopefully) setting up something for next weekend...

Ended up talking to him for two hours! I know, I know... it seems rather early from when I've broken up with ex-ABF... maybe it is... but at the same time, I feel like it's been "over" with ex-ABF for a long time before the actual "break-up"... sure you all kind of understand that feeling.

Anyway... it wasn't a serious convo or anything... just "getting to know you" stuff, but it was SO nice. I'm so refreshed right now... I just feel so much confidence that I made the right decision, finally breaking it off with ex-ABF. It doesn't even have that much to do with current boy-toy... just the completely amazing possibilities in front of me at this time... not to feel bitter anymore... not to feel "deprived" or sad or whatever... that there is LIFE after active addiction.

Just thought I'd share. I'm on cloud 9 and I'm going to bed... but I'm going to bed so incredibly HAPPY!