Wonderful new man!

Old 04-08-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wonderful new man!

Hi all...

Well, hope you all had a wonderul weekend.

I got the best birthday present ever - a great conversation with a new, wonderful man!

I went out on a kind of "blind date" with him last weekend... anyway, played phone tag with him for awhile, and tonight - we finally spoke. He called, left message, I called back... planned on talking for a few minutes and (hopefully) setting up something for next weekend...

Ended up talking to him for two hours! I know, I know... it seems rather early from when I've broken up with ex-ABF... maybe it is... but at the same time, I feel like it's been "over" with ex-ABF for a long time before the actual "break-up"... sure you all kind of understand that feeling.

Anyway... it wasn't a serious convo or anything... just "getting to know you" stuff, but it was SO nice. I'm so refreshed right now... I just feel so much confidence that I made the right decision, finally breaking it off with ex-ABF. It doesn't even have that much to do with current boy-toy... just the completely amazing possibilities in front of me at this time... not to feel bitter anymore... not to feel "deprived" or sad or whatever... that there is LIFE after active addiction.

Just thought I'd share. I'm on cloud 9 and I'm going to bed... but I'm going to bed so incredibly HAPPY!
Old 04-09-2007, 02:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Good for you!
Is this Mr. Wilbarger, the cowboy (I believe there is a Wilbarger County in Texas named after one of the early cattlemen)?

So happy 4 U.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sounds great to me...you are getting out there and enjoying yourself. This is what I like to hear.

You are a quick study, I am amazed at the progress you have made in such a short time. I am proud of you.

Have fun,

Dolly
Old 04-09-2007, 04:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you trying, i'm happy to hear that you are feeling better these days. still praying for you and yours
Old 04-09-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you, Trying.
No matter what happens, it's great to meet someone who reminds you that your X is not the only man in the world who can love you & find you interesting. It could end tomorrow and he still can't take that feeling away from you...that feeling of possibility.

Love,
GL
Old 04-09-2007, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

this sounds good. it is called going on with your life. their is life after the addict.hugs,hope
Old 04-09-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

happy to hear you happy! keep up the good work! k