View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 09:04 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

My daughter went to a 2-day assessment, 2 month outpaitent, 1 month inpatient, 2 month out patient, 1 month inpatient, 2 months recovery house, 3 day inpatient, and 1 month inpatient.

This took place from February 2004 to April 2005.

I do not regret even ONE of those attempts at recovery.... and she relapsed during or after every single one. Each one brought she, and ME, something new. We learned together to identify and breakthough delusion and denial... for ourselves and for those we were looking out at. Recovery is a process... sometimes a LOOONNNNNGGGG process.

But she has been sober 2 years. Without a program - which scares me - but something has changed in her life. I am glad she had the opportunities to go to rehab, and the fortitude to take back something with her.

The idea of early and continued "intervention" (I use the term loosely) is interesting to me. Sometimes, I think the drugs and booze take a person down beyond their ability to make changes... or to even think clearly enough to know what they want. Those of us closest know best when those times might be.

((Hugs))