View Single Post
Old 09-17-2003, 04:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rose56

Thanks for your thoughts. MG, I like the idea of trying something small first. I have to think of something small, I keep thinking of the big stuff. I am sure there are small changes I can make.

Missybelle, don't get me wrong, I am not a sure nice gal. I yell and scream and can be a b****. But when it comes to really enforcing my boundaries, I go soft. All talk and not action.

Smoke, I am thinking about increasing my plan minutes, your right for $15 per month I can get 300 more anytime minutes. I am thinking it over. Maybe I should choose my battles, hubby calles his parents and brother daily. They are his closest friends and I really don't want him to be cut off from them. Its just that all costs seem to be going up and I need them to go down.

Gabe, that's me drooling in the corner. LOL. I just don't like making changes that make others unhappy.

Start small, ok here is one thing. Hubby leaves the lawn mower out in the lawn, sometimes in the front and sometimes in the back. I hate that, I like to have the mower put away. Also, hubby leaves the vaccum cleaner in what ever room that he has last vaccumed. I know what you are thinking, I should be happy he is vaccuming. But I hate to look at the vaccume cleaner every day with the cord lying on the floor. Smoetimes I put it away and the next day it is back out in the living room or bedroom. Ok two small things I would like to change. So how to make the change happen? I have tried asking him to put these things away after using them. I have tried screaming about it. I have explained why I don't want these things left out. None of this has worked. So how do I make him respect my wishes? This is where I have the most trouble. I think I am in the place where I either accept the situation the way it is or I ask him to move out because he won't put away the lawn mower. What middle ground have I missed? I have tried to accept the situation, but I get mad every time I see these things left out. Sometimes I don't get mad but I feel that overwelmed sinking feeling. Any suggestions?