View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Oooh... insurance is a hot button for me. Ick.

Ours paid initially when daughter went to rehab at a pretty good facility. Then she relapsed and went back again and relapsed and went to a recovery house and relapsed.... and then the insurance ran out.

So we tried to use husband's insurance, but it would only cover LEVEL 2 facilities! (these are lock down facilities) And the one most appropriate for her could not take her because... da da da ta da... her drug of choice was meth. And like coke, there are no "withdrawal" symptoms (to which I say ... BULL!!) But according to the intake gal, the withdrawals won't KILL her like alcohol or heroin withdrawal... so no go.

She ended up on state medical coupons and they sent her to a really crappy, run down, mildewy, dirty facility. But like Ann says... it was more about her being willing than what they taught her. And at this dirty little rehab, she met someone... and for the first time, she actually worked at getting and staying sober. She still relapsed... but it was the last time, and she was motivated to get clean again because of this guy... who she married and who is the father of my grandbaby.

But the insurance... gah!

My son went to the same facility as my daughter and he went in 2005. I just got the final Explanation of Benefits (EOB) form from insurance about one month ago... .TWO YEARS LATER!! They were still billing and finangaling about who was paying.

Double Gah!

I wish you the best.