Thread: Suicide attempt
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
LGLG07
Let Go Let God

first off im so sorry for what you are going through , there is no easy way or words to make it any better .

My ah never attempted but last spring after he disappeared and his friend cld to tell me where he was and that i had to get him i was shocked at what i found . he was staring blankly into space, he was dirty , his clothes and his skin and he was making no sense whatsoever . he told me he wanted to die and i drove him right to the emergency room . same thing happened , they kept him for 2 or 3 days , took him to an impatient program for a few wks and out he came .. clean & sober but screwier than when he went in . we wanted him to stay longer and all the facilitys tell you they hve 28 or 30 day programs and its no problem..what they dont tell you is that insurance will never pay for it so its 2 wks & out (and if you get two wks you are lucky) .

its a long long road . if he truly wants to recover (and i hope for you he does) he will have to do all the right things when he comes out .. outpatient treatment 3 days a wk (3 hrs each) meetings when hes not in outpatient treatment . his life has to be an open book for you because it will help build your trust and if he wants you in his crnr he will need for you to trust him again (it will take along time) . and you will need tons of patience like never before .. sounds easy right ???

its not ! its unlikely he wont relapse at one point or another and although you might feel a little relief now thats hes inpatient , you can sleep knowing where he is, but when he comes out you get that same kick in the stomach feeling you had before . its still a long rode , try not to project the future , addicts are all sooooo much alike when they are using (same traits) but they all recover differently . take it one day at a time literally .

keep reading , read everything you can get your hands on , knowledge is power ..

im praying for you and wish you well , God Bless You