View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 08:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
daisylady

Vent- "Keeping the Secret"

Do you ever feel like you have to keep your loved one's addiction a secret? Do you ever get sick of it? Who can know about it? who shouldn't know about it? Will one person that knows tell another person??? I am just plain sick of keeping "the secret." I just don't even give a crap anymore about who know and who doesn't know? This may be harsh but shouldn't that be a consequence of being an addict? I realize there is a stigma attached to being an addict, especially hard drugs but I just am so sick of keeping my life a secret from my friends, family and my loved ones.

For example, as many of you know I moved out of our home two weeks ago. So, I told one of my good friends (I am in her wedding in October) that I moved. Ummm don't you think she was bound to find out sooner or later? So then, I have to listen to my AH bitch at me for telling one of my good friends that I moved out? He said that her fiance would tell someone that he works with and then everyone that he works with would know I moved out... And to make matters worse, I talk to my AH's mother and she agrees and defends him??? Come on....

I guess i don't know what the answer is... what are your thoughts?