Old 03-29-2007, 05:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
free-at-last

Originally Posted by The Bond Man View Post
This is my first post on any sort of site like this. I am 22 and currently attending school. I am going to lay it on the line and cut to the point. I have been taking large doses of adderall for going on about 3 years now. I can take between 200 and 300 milligrams in a 24 to 36 hour timeperiod. This is followed by a day off, and then another binge of drugs. I smoke a lot of pot as well, along with drinking whiskey on a regular basis. I am also afraid that something may be wrong with my heart. The past 6 months my heart will randomly speed up to above 220 beats per minute after I have literally done as little as laugh. I am afraid I am ruining my life, and possibly shortening it every day. My friends have no idea about this addiction problem, and I dont feel I can tell them, yet. I just wants some advice on where to start in this recovery process. Thanks

Okay,...first of all,....Im going to "lay it on the line" as well. Who cares about your friends? Tell your parents. Tell your school counselor or professors. Tell an adult-acting adult that is in a position to help you. Your friends are in no position to help you anyways. Im guessing they probably do the same drugs and alcohol to a degree anyways?? So they are out. Bottom line.....yes....you are ruining your life and yes,.....shortening it everyday. If your friends use too, they probably already know you DO have a problem and believe me,....misery loves company so they will never point out that you have a problem. If they DONT use,....then they absolutely already know that you have a problem. You cannot hide the degree of use you describe. Even if nobody sees you physically use, you cannot hide what you have been doing to your body. It shows in your behavior, your skin, your stamina, and other places. If you were to tell any of them of your use, I guarantee many of them would say something like "Yeah,...I knew you were doing SOMETHING,.....I could tell"

The biggest point here is that you are only 22 yrs old. You have a great opportunity here to catch this early and live a great, healthy life. Take it. Drugs and alcohol addiction make you a loser in the eyes of society. How can we ever see ourselves in a positive light when the world sees us that way?