Thread: Ignorant People
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kj0975

Maybe she just doesnt understand it at all to some its hard to believe that its not a choice and that we control our actions. Hell I thought the same way until I was on pain meds for a long time and tried to stop the withdrawls were absolute hell and trust me I would have done anything just to get a pill to stop them. Some people you just cant talk to about this or change their opinion. In her mind obviously she doesnt think that her dad alcoholism has affected her in a negative way. Or maybe she is angry that he wont stop and believes that he can just get up and walk away and chooses to keep drinking. Until she sees it for herself and deals with it herself in a healthy way she will not understand no matter what thats just how some people are. I used to be one of them until I became addicted to pain pills. I wouldnt even try to get her to see a different point of view some people will not accept it and dont have alot of knowledge like the people do here because we were forced to deal with the affects of addiction and learn everything we can learn about it.