Thread: Mistakes
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Right Emimily!!!!!!

As to your mind racing. I would stop what I was doing, stand very still and in a firm clear strong voice tell the committee 'THE MEETING IS ADJOURNED FOR 3 WEEKS' lol and sometimes I had to do it several times a day, but I found it did help to keep me in the NOW to just stay in today and do the next thing.

It does get better and better. I figure in the beginning I was getting back all that 'bad karma' I had put out for years, and the good karma would start to come as long as I put out 'good karma'. That is what has happened.

Sure there have been bad times, but I found by just doing the footwork results would come. Example Back when I was first disabled and fighting with Social Security, I reached a point where my savings was totally gone. I had a past due notice for my electric bill and if it wasn't paid that day they
would shut it off. In that days mail, I got a $50 check that I hadn't expected, from one of the survey sites I do surveys for. That to me was a "God Shot." They do happen, and they happen more often when I stay IN THE NOW.

Do something nice for you. If money is tight and you like to read, get a library card, thats what I did, and boy did I read a lot of books. Couldn't get on line cause my puter had fried lol. So used one of the computers at the
library 3 days a week and read a lot of books.

Call a friend. Go to a meeting or two or three just to meet some new sober friends and get some numbers to talk to gals when this happens. Use the numbers, lol. Keep posting here. Read ALL the threads, that will help also.

We do care, so please let us know how you are doing.

Love and hugs,