View Single Post
Old 03-27-2007, 08:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Golfman

Wink

Originally Posted by ohiolostsoul View Post
I can't tell you how many times I have askedmy AH to seek help for his alcoholism. I moved out of the house 3 weeks ago tonight. I have been staying with family. Yesterday, I told him that i put a deposit down on an apartment. Now, today, he tells me that he called a counselor that his brother gave him the number for 3 weeks ago. Because of the amount that he drinks, he was of course told that he needs to do an inpatient treatment. In conversation tonight, he told me that he just doesn't know if he will be able to do it at this time because of me not being at home and him being responsible for all of the bills at the house. I know that if I was to go back tomorrow, that he would probably not follow through with any of this, but I still feel like maybe I should give him one more try. I hate this!
Of course you hate it. You're married to a guy just like me. Oh, just like I used to be. Ohio, take it from an alcoholic who's done everything i could possibly do to manipulate his wife, family and friends. That was 20+ years ago. Fortunately God bless me with recovery.

I will play on your good nature, your feelings of commitment, your need for love and comfort. I am your worst enemy. I say I can't make it without you so you'll come back and take care of me. Maybe if you'll just have sex with me one more time I'll quit. I'm sure if you were just here we could work things out. I've never grown up so I'm scared I'll have to do things for myself. like pay bills, clean the toilet, wash the dishes, etc.

I know your AH. He's every loving, caring, undertanding wife's worst nightmare.

Ohio...you are a wonderful wife and a wonderful woman. You have a future that doesn't include being abused, manipulated, and run over by a freight train. Your AH will suck every bit of life out of you that you have left.

That my dear, is from an alcoholic who know's his own kind. If you want more information about how his mind works, just ask. My recovery still depends on me helping others. I can't think of a better way for me to do that than to offer you my friendship.

Each and every one of you are/were the wounded lambs being stalked by a lion. If I could do one thing, it would be to let you know that there's is life after the nightmare. Please take that first step of faith in God. Walk through that fear and self doubt. If you do, you will know a new freedom and a new happiness.

Your friend in sobriety,
Ed