View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Nicole0927
One day at a time...

Hey Guy's first I want to say how much it means to me that everyone on here cares so much and takes time to post their thoughts. I have not had a good weekend at all. I keep trying to keep positive thoughts in my mind but it is very hard. ABF keeps calling from jail begging me to bail him out. It is actually pathetic to hear a grown man cry, & beg the way he is. I can hear the desperation in his voice and it is breaking my heart. He keeps saying how things are going to be different this time. You all know the sobbing sad stories they tell you when they have no control. I feel more stressed out than what I was when he was out smoking crack. I try to keep control of the conversation and remind him that this is his problem and that I will be here to support him after he deals with his choices. He keeps pleading that if I get him out he wil go into a recovery program and make his steps and ask God for his help. I again remind him that he had chances to do that but he chose not to work the program but now all of a sudden he wants to get serious. His situation now is he has lost his job his first car and ME. His Mother even said what is it going to take for him to realize that without hard work the end result will always be tha same for him. Having an addicition is very serious. It takes alot of hard work. ALL THE TIME. As soon as you let your guard down it starts calling your name. Bottom line I'm not getting him out. I don't care how it makes me feel. I feel terrible and miserable as it is. It can't get much worse. Now he says that if I get him out he can start recovery right away and get probabation instead of jail time. and that sitting in jail will not help him. Is that true? I have been talking to our friends most of them are recovering addicts and they say LEAVE HIM THERE!!!!! Do you guy's think that I'm doing the right thing? Or should I bail him out and just be done with him. Give hin freedom back and let him decide on what to do next?