Thread: Leaving AA
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
came2believe

Originally Posted by Nuudawn View Post
I'm getting exactly what I was hoping for from this post...encouragement, support and some hardass, cut to the core insight. Love it. Fuster I appreciate your input..but my "wah wah" resistance to change and discomfort and awkwardness is probably more normal than not to the human psyche and I don't think indicates a mental health issue.

I went to a meeting tonight...and it was a good one. For the first time I left feeling better than when I came. I honestly shared my struggle and resistance and the feeling of being lost. I also heard some wonderful sharing..there were a couple others there as well who were new to this city's program as they had started recovery elsewhere.

I will perserve..and yes, extend myself rather than pout in the corner over the warm and fuzzy crowd I left out east.

Hooray I just read this! Glad you are reaching out. It's hard for me sometimes... I had isolated for so long... it was my way of life. Anything that felt like the slightest bit of risk was foreign to me. I had to relearn how to be a social human being again. xxoo Glad you are well.