Old 03-21-2007, 03:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Nicole0927
One day at a time...

Trying in Texas I feel the same way. Matter of fact when my abf decided to come back after his mission on saturday which was early Sunday morning Girl... I let him have it I went off. I 've been with him for 8 months and he has relapsed 4 times. Each time I stayed positive and was very encouraging with his recovery. This time I was so fed up with it I didn't care how it would make him feel. I fiqured it was my time to be selfish. I'm not sure if it will even help but now he knows what I really think about him. And the rock bottom thing I think that is BS too. What is a persons rock bottom. I actually asked him because my ABF doesn't have anything to lose but his life. I met him in when he was in a recovery house should of been a big red flag for me but he appeared to be doing well and turned out to be a great guy. If I only knew what was ahead of me I would of ran for the hills. But for some reason it was in Gods plan for us to meet so whether it be a lesson for me or him I'm not sure. Anyway I shared my thoughts with him about the rock bottom thing I think I hurt his feelings because I was not picky about how I said things I was honest. Basically in a nutshell I said for someone who has nothing and I mean nothing besides death what is their bottom? He looked at me and said that his whole life has been his rock bottom. He has been an addict for about 14 years. Struggling with recovery. Maybe he does not try hard enough or commit 100% maybe that is why he has had no luck. I don't know I think in his case he has spent half of his life running from the problem instead of facing it. He should no by now that it is always going to sneak up on you and he will always lose.